2023 Real estate crowdfunding income: $2,400
Real estate crowdfunding is a new way to invest in real estate. I started investing in real estate crowdfunding in 2017 because I didn’t want to be a landlord anymore. My goal is to increase our investment to $200,000 by 2025. This should generate around $10,000 of passive income per year.
At the end of 2022, we had $114,700 invested in RE crowdfunding and received $22,980 of passive income! It was an amazing year.
You can see all of our passive income on the Passive Income page. I will update these passive income pages quarterly.
2022 was a great year. One project was completed and we got a big payout. My target is to exit at least one project every year. That way we’ll get one nice payout per year. The timing is tricky, though. Each project has its own timeline.
You can see how all our real estate crowdfunding projects have performed since 2017.
Real estate projects 2023
- CrowdStreet Chicago office building ($25,000) – The property is under renovation. The current environment is very challenging for office buildings. We’ll have to hang on and see how everything works out with this project. This project has not paid anything back yet. No more investing in office buildings for me.
- CrowdStreet Senior housing ($30,000) – This is a fund to invest in senior living facilities. This project was supposed to pay out regularly but hasn’t paid anything back yet. The properties seem to be doing well, though.
- CrowdStreet Washington apartment ($30,000) – This project is near Seattle. I think that’s a great market. This apartment is generating a nice income.
- CrowdStreet North Carolina apartment ($30,000) – This is a project near Lafayette Village, NC. It is paying out as scheduled.
- An apartment in Arizona ($2,697.) This equity deal is going well so far. **Update** The borrower refinanced this project and returned 73% of the money invested. This is great! We can reinvest this money and generate more income.
- CrowdStreet Texas apartment – This project was completed in April and they promptly paid the investors. CrowdStreet is the best RE crowdfunding company on the market right now. Their commercial projects are first-class and should weather the downturn pretty well. I’ll keep you updated on this. Check out their project by signing up for a free account at CrowdStreet.
Sign up to invest
Real estate crowdfunding has been an excellent investment for us. I plan to increase our investment substantially over the next few years. There is still a big housing shortage across the U.S. so apartments should perform well for many years. Here are the real estate crowdfunding companies that I’m working with.
- CrowdStreet – CrowdStreet focuses on commercial properties across the USA. You can invest in apartments, self-storage, strip malls, office buildings, medical offices, and more. CrowdStreet is the best RE crowdfunding company on the market right now. Sign up for free and check out their projects.
- RealtyMogul – All investors can invest in their REIT. In addition, accredited investors can invest in private projects and do a 1031 exchange.
- Fundrise – Non-accredited investors can invest in iREIT here.
*Accredited investor needs to have over $200,000 of income over the last 2 years or has a net worth of over $1,000,000.
Disclosure: We may receive a referral fee if you sign up for a service through a link on this page. The content contains testimonials from Joe. The actual experience of other customers may differ from the testimonials. The testimonials do not represent guarantees of future performance or success. Moreover, no person nor any other entity assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the testimonials.
Passive income is the key to early retirement. This year, Joe is investing in commercial real estate with CrowdStreet. They have many projects across the USA so check them out!
Joe also highly recommends Personal Capital for DIY investors. They have many useful tools that will help you reach financial independence.
Latest posts by retirebyforty (see all)
- Make Your Partner Happier by Being Cheap - March 26, 2023
- 4 Ways to Avoid The 10% Early Withdrawal Penalty - March 22, 2023
- Goodbye SAHD FIRE, Hello Barista FIRE - March 19, 2023
- Don’t Stop Investing When SHTF - March 15, 2023
- Pack Your Bags for A 3-Year-Cruise - March 12, 2023