Baby RB40’s Goals for 2012
– quit drinking (formula)
– stop hitting himself on the head
Wow, those are some tough goals. Can you imagine having to learn to walk and talk? That has got to be tough, but a kid’s mind and body are so malleable. It would be awesome to be able to learn so many new things every day.
On to my 2012 goals.
I don’t have a big financial goal for 2012 like last year’s goal of acquiring a 4-plex. This year will be all about cash flow. You can see my previous post on how I did with the 2011 New Year’s resolutions.
- Rental Income: average $700/month in 2012.
- Side Income: average $1,000/month in Q4 2012.
- Dividend & Interest Income: average $500/month in Q4 2012.
- Monthly Positive Cash Flow: $500/month in 2012 with one paycheck.
I want to set these goals for Q4 2012 so I can average over 3 months. This will give me 9 months to work on them before they really count. For example, the dividend income averages only about $250/month right now. By the end of September 2012, I’d like the portfolio to be set up to average $500/month in Q4. The Rental Income needs to be averaged out over the whole year though because the expenses vary considerably throughout the year.
Make 30k online in 2012. I joined the 30k challenge, and will try my best to reach this goal. I think this will be quite difficult though so it is a stretch goal for me.
- Change Job. I failed to achieve this goal in 2011, but will try again this year.
- Stay healthy by eating well and keeping active. The gym at work closed down for remodeling, but it should be open again after New Year. I plan to go 4-5 times per week. If the job situation changes, then I’ll need to figure out how to work out at home and set a regular schedule that I can follow.
- Join Toastmasters. I want to communicate better in group settings and develop new contacts. I have been meaning to join for a while now, but haven’t had the time. I think 2012 will be a bit better.
- Pursue other side ventures. See if I can start other side ventures (not blog related) with old and new friends.
- Retire By 40: Continue writing 3 times per week and network with fellow Personal Finance bloggers. I think these two activities are the main contributors to our success here (and mine, too). I also plan to spruce up the site with a new theme and possibly reduce advertising a bit. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for Retire By 40. Thanks!
- Develop a few more sites. I don’t know where I will find the time, but it is becoming clear that having one site is too limiting. You will be the first to know when I have some content up and running. 😉
- Attend at least one blog conference and meet other bloggers in person. I definitely need to reach out more and meet some people in real time.
All right, what do you think? These may look like a lot of goals, but many of them are already ongoing so I think I have a good shot. What about you? Have you made your 2012 New Year’s Goals and Resolutions?
Have a great Holidays everyone!
For 2018, Joe plans to diversify his passive income by investing in US heartland real estate through RealtyShares. He has 3 rental units in Portland and he believes the local market is getting overpriced.
Joe highly recommends Personal Capital for DIY investors. He logs on to Personal Capital almost daily to check his cash flow and net worth. They have many useful tools that will help every investor analyze their portfolio and plan for retirement.
Latest posts by retirebyforty (see all)
- I’m Bringing Back Summer Breaks - June 18, 2018
- 6 Years After Early Retirement Update - June 11, 2018
- School’s Out – First Grade is Over! - June 7, 2018
- May 2018 Goals and Financial Update - June 4, 2018
- Take a Peek Behind The Curtain – See How I Write A Blog Post - May 31, 2018