(Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.)
Here are my recommendations for products I use and love. Check them out!
Personal Finance Products
I’ve been using Personal Capital since 2013 and I love it. I can log on and get a quick recap of our net worth, credit card spending, stock performance, cash flow, and more. It is an awesome tool for DIY investor. Here are some of the things Personal Capital helps me with.
- Check how much fees we’re paying with our retirement accounts. BTW, we pay 0.14% after culling some expensive funds. This alone is worth the cost of admission. Oh yeah, Personal Capital is free. 🙂
- Quickly check our net worth.
- See our overall asset allocation and make sure it is on target.
- Check our credit card spending to make sure there are no surprises.
- See how much cash we have on hand.
- When there is a big change with our finance, I’d go through their Retirement Planner. It is a good simulator.
Personal Capital is a really great tool and they keep improving it every year. They make money by signing people up for their wealth management services. Don’t feel pressure to join this service if you don’t want to.
If you haven’t tried them yet, you can sign up with Personal Capital through my sign up link.
We only use one credit card regularly and we always pay off the balance every month. However, I’ve had great success with travel hacking this year and now I make a point to sign up for a new card whenever a great signup bonus comes along. It’s like a small side gig, anyone can do it. You just make sure to use your credit card responsibly and avoid building up a balance. Read more on my credit cards page.
Editorial Note – Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.