All right, this week I’m doing a mini round up.
- Application for the Inaugural Yakezie Scholarship is now opening up to Highschoolers and below who believe in education and wish to use the scholarship for educational purposes such as books, supplies, projects, tuition, field trips, equipment and other school related expenses. Drop by to see the what the student needs to do to win $500.
- Get Rich Slowly had a huge post on Make More Money: How to Supercharge Your Income. I really liked this and bookmarked it for further reading. It’s a big post with many links, great for reference.
- Squirrelers and friends are giving away $300 worth of gift cards, cash, and books – Squirrelers Thanksgiving Giveaway Contest. Who doesn’t love free money?
- Kevin at Thousandaire wrote about how he took a Pay Cut for Happiness. Thousandaire is consistently one of the most entertaining PF blog out there. We will have a guest post Monday on this same subject so don’t miss it!
- Breaking News! Our facebook page finally has 25 fans! Yeah! Thank you everyone. Here is our new short link www.facebook.com/RetireBy40 Beautiful ain’t it? Short and sweet.
On to Google Analytic. I signed up for Google Analytic at the beginning of November. It’s a Google sub site that keeps track of the blog’s statistics.
Here is the Visitor’s Overview. It shows visits, unique visitors, pageviews and more. The Bounce Rate is the percentage of visitor who only view one page. Our site is still pretty new so we are in the audience building phase. I think 265 unique visitors in 11 days is not bad for a one month old site.
This is my favorite view, the Map Overlay. This shows me where my readers are. Hello Canadians! Most of my readers are from the US, but I do get some stragglers from the UK and other English speaking countries.
I’m pretty sure most of these visits are from my Aunt in Australia.
In the US, most of my readers are from California. 24 visits from San Francisco, pretty surprising. I though the wider Bay Area would have a bigger count than SF.
I can also see where the traffic came from; most of our readers click through from referring sites. The top two are Get Rich Slowly and Early Retirement Extreme. Get Rich Slowly is one of the most popular PF sites and a fraction of readers followed retirebyforty’s name over. Early Retirement Extreme is the site that focus on early retirement so most readers are probably curious about retireby40 as well. A BIG Thank you to these two and many Yakezie sites that send traffic my way.
Almost 10% of traffic comes from search engine, I think that’s a pretty good start. As I write more article, there should be more search engine traffic.
All in all, a very cool site for blog owners. There are also tools to track Ad words, content popularity, and more. I haven’t explore those much yet because I’m not planning to monetize at this time. These tools are quite fascinating and I’m having tons of fun checking Google Analytic every morning. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Google Analytic improve SEO at Google somehow.
Have a great weekend!