Baby RB40′s Goals for 2012
- quit drinking (formula)
- stop hitting himself on the head
Wow, those are some tough goals. Can you imagine having to learn to walk and talk? That has got to be tough, but a kid’s mind and body are so malleable. It would be awesome to be able to learn so many new things every day.
On to my 2012 goals.
I don’t have a big financial goal for 2012 like last year’s goal of acquiring a 4-plex. This year will be all about cash flow. You can see my previous post on how I did with the 2011 New Year’s resolutions.
- Rental Income: average $700/month in 2012.
- Side Income: average $1,000/month in Q4 2012.
- Dividend & Interest Income: average $500/month in Q4 2012.
- Monthly Positive Cash Flow: $500/month in 2012 with one paycheck.
I want to set these goals for Q4 2012 so I can average over 3 months. This will give me 9 months to work on them before they really count. For example, the dividend income averages only about $250/month right now. By the end of September 2012, I’d like the portfolio to be set up to average $500/month in Q4. The Rental Income needs to be averaged out over the whole year though because the expenses vary considerably throughout the year.
Make 30k online in 2012. I joined the 30k challenge, and will try my best to reach this goal. I think this will be quite difficult though so it is a stretch goal for me.
- Change Job. I failed to achieve this goal in 2011, but will try again this year.
- Stay healthy by eating well and keeping active. The gym at work closed down for remodeling, but it should be open again after New Year. I plan to go 4-5 times per week. If the job situation changes, then I’ll need to figure out how to work out at home and set a regular schedule that I can follow.
- Join Toastmasters. I want to communicate better in group settings and develop new contacts. I have been meaning to join for a while now, but haven’t had the time. I think 2012 will be a bit better.
- Pursue other side ventures. See if I can start other side ventures (not blog related) with old and new friends.
- Retire By 40: Continue writing 3 times per week and network with fellow Personal Finance bloggers. I think these two activities are the main contributors to our success here (and mine, too). I also plan to spruce up the site with a new theme and possibly reduce advertising a bit. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for Retire By 40. Thanks!
- Develop a few more sites. I don’t know where I will find the time, but it is becoming clear that having one site is too limiting. You will be the first to know when I have some content up and running.
- Attend at least one blog conference and meet other bloggers in person. I definitely need to reach out more and meet some people in real time.
All right, what do you think? These may look like a lot of goals, but many of them are already ongoing so I think I have a good shot. What about you? Have you made your 2012 New Year’s Goals and Resolutions?
Have a great Holidays everyone!