2012 is flying by. Are you keeping track of your new year resolutions or are they long forgotten? I must admit, I haven’t focused on them much over the last 3 months. Life is just so busy and time is passing by so quickly. These quarterly updates really make me more aware of my goals and help me refocus.
Let’s start off with Baby RB40’s goals for 2012. Actually he accomplished all his goals in the first 3 months already, so I’ll set new goals for him. 🙂
Baby RB40’s Goals for 2012
– Walk. He walks very well now, but he still falls down pretty often. He is always in a hurry and doesn’t look where he’s going much of the time. Let’s set a new goal to jumping. He wants to jump, but he just can’t get off the ground yet.
– Talk. He can say 5 words now – mama, papa, hi, bye bye, and arms through. I think 20 words is a realistic goal for 2012.
– Others. Hmmm… What other goals can we set? How about kicking a ball? He can throw pretty well, but doesn’t know how to kick yet. He is a great climber and has been all over the couch and coffee table over the last few months.
On to my 2012 goals
- Rental Income: average $700/month. We have been averaging $810/month so far in 2012. This is great, but there are a couple of big jobs ahead so I know this will come down a bit. We are going to repaint and do some drainage work on the 4-plex this summer.
- Online Income: average $300/month in Q4 2012. I reset this goal to $300/month because we’re moving to affiliate income and PPC ads and the income is a lot less than private ads, but it should be more stable. In Q2, these income averaged to $227. That’s not bad at all.
- Dividend & Interest: average $500/month in Q4 2012. Done! The dividend portfolio should generate about $550/month. In Q2, we average $379/month. Many of my mutual funds pay out in Q4, so we’ll probably have to wait until the end of the year to see $500/month.
- Monthly positive cash flow: $500/month. So far in 2012, we average about $1,000/month and are ahead of the goal, though I’m not done with June accounting yet.
- P2P income: $100/month by the December 2012. I’ll throw our extra money into prosper.com and see how far we can get by the end of the year. In June, we made $62 in interest. We’re getting closer to the $100/month goal every month.
- Change job. WIP
- Stay healthy by eating well and keeping active. I’ve been on leave over the last couple months to be a stay at home dad and my exercise program is in terrible shape. We go out to the park and play, but I’m not getting my aerobic and weight lifting exercise anymore. Recently, I’ve begun to do boot camp exercise, but it’s hard when I have to watch baby RB40 like a hawk. He seems to cut in front of big people pretty often and we had some close calls. I’ll also try to do more yoga and exercise band work out while we’re at home. If you have any tips, please share them.
- Join Toastmasters. I think this will be a bust this year. I will probably have to wait until baby RB40 goes off to school before I can do this.
- Pursue other side ventures. I’m keeping an open mind, but no success yet.
- Retire By 40. I’m still able to consistently post 3 times per week. I’ve been working after baby RB40 goes to bed and it’s okay. Traffic has flattened out in June and I’m hoping it will pick up again in September. Overall, we are doing pretty well and are hitting about 40,000 pageviews per month.
- Develop a few more sites. I started another site, but couldn’t keep it going. I will probably have to hire a writer if I ever want to get another site going. Writing is not easy for me and it takes a lot of time.
- Attend one blogging conference. I purchased my ticket to the 2012 Financial Blogger Conference and booked the flight! I’m really looking forward to meeting many bloggers I only know through the internet.
It looks like I lost my focus over the last three months, but at least our financial goals are doing well. If you check the Spring Update, you would see that I haven’t made much progress on the other goals. I think I’ll have to focus on one thing at a time and get that done. We didn’t eat very healthy on our California road trip, but now that we’re home, we are revamping our diet. I’ll focus on eating well and make exercise a habit over the next month. Once that’s out of the way, then I can work on the other goals.
How are you doing with your New Year’s goals and resolutions? Did you lose those 10 lbs yet?