2011 New Year’s Resolutions
Can you believe 2011 is already half over? It’s summer time and we are looking forward to the parades and festivals! My 3 months early retirement preview also came to an end and I will be back to work on Monday. I had a great time with baby RB40. It was exhausting most of the time, but I really cherished the experience. I think all dads should take 3 months off to bond with your baby if at all possible. It’ll give you much more appreciation for moms everywhere. Anyway, it’s time to check on the 2011 New Year’s resolutions.
Here are the 2011 resolutions and update:
Financial Goal – acquire a rental 4-plex. We made an offer on a short sale, but we are still working through the process. This topic needs its own post, I have way too many things to say to fit in one paragraph. All in all, it’s been disappointing because we haven’t been able to close the deal. Grade: C
Transfer to a new position – I’m going back to work on Monday and I’ll start looking around. Work will be pretty busy the rest of this year, so we’ll see how it goes. Grade: Incomplete
Stay Alive in 2011 - Well, you know I’m still alive because the blog is still getting updated! During my 3 months off, I didn’t exercise much at all. We had an overlap during the first few weeks of my time off and I was able to do a bit of yoga. When Mrs. RB40 went back to work, I was overwhelmed by the little guy and gave up on working out completely. We went out for walks in the evening when the weather was nice, but that was about it. I’m looking forward to the old routine of going to the gym at lunch. It’ll be nice to get back into the swing of things. When I quit my job, I’ll have to work on setting up a routine so I can be more healthy. It was tough this time because baby RB40 was so small and we didn’t want to take him out when it was rainy and cold. I think by the time I quit my job, he’ll be big enough to go out in inclement weather. Grade: C-
No New Electronics – I am thinking about shutting this one down. It’s too tough to live without new electronics in this day and age! I am hankering for a new laptop, but hopefully we can hold off until next year.
- new slim tower fan – We got a new tower fan. It’s so nice and compact. I’ll sell the our old oscillating fan for $5 soon.
- replacement CPU cooler – to fix Zoey’s mischievous handiwork on my computer.
Both of these were replacements, but we could have kept the old fan. I think this grade will fall to a D by the end of the year. Grade: B+
Blog Goals – My blog goal were…
- post 3 times per week – Successful so far. There were times when I had blogger blocks, but somehow or another I was able to keep posting 3 times a week. Yay!
- Participate in Carnival once a month – I participated in carnivals a few times a month and even hosted two carnivals. FYI, hosting really gave me an Alexa Rank boost. It was worth the work.
- Monetize Retire By 40 – I made about $65 on Google Adsense so far. In a couple of months I’ll get my first check from Google! I also had a few sponsor posts and other sale so we are off to a good start!
- Grade: A
All in all, I didn’t do as well in Q2 as in Q1, but we still have the rest of the year to pick up the pieces! What about you? How are you doing with your 2011 resolutions?